Sara Smith-Rubio Escamilla
Here's a little about me:
- Permaculture calls for: Care for the Earth, Care for People, and Fair Share. I see my calling- my journey- to support these tenets.
- I am a mother, a wife, and a caretaker.
- I hold Permaculture Design Certificates from both Regenerative Design Institute and the Instituto de Permacultura e Ecovilas do Cerrado.
- I am a proud product of the community college system. I transferred to SF State University, receiving a bachelors in Health Science and minor in Holistic Health.
- I love the interplay between the birds-eye view and the microscopic. Or rather the interplay between the whole tree and just the leaves.
- I got accepted to Columbia University MPH program but decided to save the $$ and ended up working in the same job I would have gotten after graduating...Urban Agriculture and Public Health at Soil Born Farms Urban Agriculture and Education Project.
- I am a certified Acupressure Practitioner. Along with working in restaurant and retail, I paid for my rent practicing acupressure.
- I studied horticulture and landscape design at American River College.
- I live in a suburban homestead...a food forest amongst the lawns.
- I absolutely LOVE to dance!
- I am a Certified Associate in Project Management.
- I believe that Black Lives Matter. I believe that Native Lives Matter.
- I believe my purpose on earth is to help people design the regenerative homespaces they want to live in.
- I am a trained youth worker and educator. I have worked with preschool-aged kids all the way through college age. (Can't seem to escape the work ;)
- I am passionate about models that connect individuals to the land and empower residents to participate in creating health in their communities.
- My interest in food and agriculture began when I would personalize boxed macaroni and cheese as a kid while pretending to be Julia Child.
- I am a ReScape Qualified Professional in Landscape Design